Business FAQs

Why do I need a collection agency?

As a business, you will require the support of a collection agency when you have provided services to client[CM1] and they have not paid according to the terms of your agreement. In many cases, a person in debt will cooperate with the collection agency when they have not been cooperative with the creditor.

When is the best time to turn an account over for collection?

Generally, if an account is 120 days delinquent (90 days after the invoice date) a creditor should engage the services of a collection agency, particularly if you have not received a response from the consumer. The sooner you place your account with us the greater the chance of it being recovered. It is important that you have a process in place – and that it is consistent for all.

How much do your services cost?

If you engage our collection services, we receive a percentage of whatever we collect. If we don’t collect, you don’t pay anything. Other services are customizable. and therefore prices vary.

My business is not located in Springfield, Illinois; can I still use your services?

Yes, you can still use our services. Many states have open border policies or a reciprocal license agreement that allow us to work with companies located outside of Illinois.

After engaging your services, when can I expect to receive my money?

We make no guarantee when it comes to debt recovery – every situation is different. The likelihood that we will be able to collect on your behalf is dependent on the information available and age of the account.

What information do I need to provide to Pro Com?

You will need to provide us with an itemized statement with a detailed listing of services performed and, if applicable, a financial services agreement or other document authorizing services, signed by the consumer.

Information needed in order for us to enter an account includes name, address, date of service, balance, your customer’s account number (if you have one), and, if your customer is a minor, the name of the responsible party and their contact information.

What information should I have when trying to collect accounts?

A customer’s home and cell phone numbers, place of employment, employer address and phone number, date of birth, social security number, and, if applicable, spouse information.

How can I check the status of my accounts?

We have an online portal where you can login and view your accounts, report updates, see the status of your accounts, gain limited information, and share updates with us. You can also contact us by phone or set up an in-person visit with a member of our team.

Do you conduct credit checks?

No, although we can refer you to a preferred agency.

What is "Early Out"?

Any work we do for a client before an account ages to collection is considered part of our early out services. Our Payment Monitoring Service takes over the processing of payments for accounts that you have a payment plan established with your customer.   

How can your extended business office services help?

Essentially, we perform a service your staff is unable to provide such as making calls notifying customers of payment plan options, following up on accounts receivable, and client satisfaction surveys, for example.  

Whatever you are struggling with during office hours, we are able to offer support from 8 AM-7 PM Monday to Thursday, 8 AM-5 PM on Friday and 8 AM-Noon on Saturday.

If we haven’t answered all of your questions, please get in touch.

Consumer FAQs

Why am I getting calls?

You are receiving a phone call or letter because our client has instructed us that your balance is outstanding.

What phone numbers are you calling from?

We use a variety of numbers to call you. Our phone numbers include:


What if I believe my account has been settled?

If you believe that we have the wrong party or that your account has been settled, please call 217-241-3376 or 1-888-633-8238 or write to us at P.O. Box 202, Springfield, IL 62705.  

How do I pay?

Please visit our Payment Portal.

P.O. Box 202, Springfield, IL 62705